The double whammy of a drop in demand and high supplier risks (dependency ratio, quality …) lead our client to implementing a high-performance Purchasing IT system in order to better control costs and supplier relations.
CKS was mandated to supervise the detailed design of the system and to help carry out the change within the Corporation worldwide.
Among other features, the chosen IT solution included:
- Producing Supplier scorecards
- Managing action plans and monitoring the resulting savings
- Generating Purchasing scorecards
- Analysing expenditure
- Creating paperless Supplier consultations
- Organising reverse auctions
Working hand in hand with the Project Manager, the mission included a number of tasks, including:
- Facilitating design workshops (including all the interested parties, i.e. people from Purchasing, Cost Control, Quality, IT, Suppliers…) in order to get an exhaustive inventory of needs
- Setting up and managing User testing
- Determining the optimal scheme to manage the change
- Design communication tools before and during the roll-out
- Train and assist operational users of the system in as many as 15 different countries (France, Georgia, USA, Canada, Brazil…)
One year after the project began (design + roll-out) :
- 550 Purchasers, Managers, Cost Controllers, Quality staff had been trained
- 400 Purchasers and Managers had been coached
- 90% of key Purchasers were regularly using the system
- More than 1000 Supplier accounts were registered
As of the first year a number of supplier bids were made online,
and the Managing Director of the Corporation lauded the project's success.