Issues relating to investment in human capital are at the heart of the project to transform the purchasing function, particularly in a context of increasing intensity of certain skills (Cf. Categories Strategy, Digital Transformation).
What contribution and positioning are expected from the Procurement function? What skills should be developed internally? What are the priorities? What are the methods and trajectory for acquiring these skills? How can these skills be maintained and developed? What impact on the mission sheets and the organization? What is at stake in terms of the attractiveness of the Procurement function but also in terms of teams' mobility?
These are all questions that we propose to answer by applying our in-depth understanding of the stakes involved in the evolution of the Procurement function as well as our proven methods and tools (skills repositories, training systems, etc.).
A practical and pragmatic approach
1. THE TARGET PROFILE
- Interviews conducted with representatives of the various functions to establish a target profile in terms of technical and cross-functional skills.
- Identification of the expected results and correspondence with the technical and cross-functional skills needed to achieve them.
2. THE RESULTS
- Measure, through individual online questionnaires or interviews, the transversal/technical skills available and then assess their potential for development
- Consolidation of the results in order to diagnose the team and identify areas for improvement.
- Possible communication of individual results, so that everyone can position themselves in the team, in complete confidentiality, and to encourage a personal approach to skills development.
3. INTERACTIVE AND DYNAMIC DEBRIEFING
- Presentation and validation of the diagnosis with the managers and definition of an action plan.
- Presentation to the team in the presence of the management
- Validation of the action plan by all participants to ensure their commitment
- Implementation of actions: Training, individual or team coaching, reorganization of tasks, hiring plan, etc...
- Implementation of a dashboard, allowing to measure the progress of the actions undertaken and their contribution to the set objectives.